Bid Manager – Edinburgh UK
OES is global education company with a purpose to be the world’s most impactful enabler of education. We partner with the world’s leading universities and organisations to create online education that is engaging, learner-centric and at the forefront of innovation.
We are a team of over 1,750 people passionate about enhancing lives through education with offices in the UK, the US, Australia and South Africa. Since 2011, we have delivered 2,000 online courses reaching over 100,000 learners. AS part of SEEK, we bring the insights and capability of a global leader in education and employment technology.
Now is an exciting time to join OES. As demand for online education grows, we are securing new partners, launching new products and expanding to new geographies to capitalise on the opportunities the market presents.
About the job
As a Bid Manager, you’ll be a key member of a high-performing sales team driving OES’ growth strategy in the UK. As part of a small, growing team you’ll have the opportunity to make the role your own and make an impact in a big way.
- You’ll support OES’ growth strategy by leading the creation of RFPs, tenders, presentations and other business development collateral.
- You’ll project manage the end-to-end development of business development collateral, from drafting/storyboarding through to final submission
- You’ll craft compelling value propositions, win themes and competitive strategies for the specific client and opportunity
- You’ll conduct client, industry, and competitor research to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the client and inform the competitive positioning of a proposal.
- You’ll support the development of B2B marketing collateral and events.
- You have proven experience leading the development of B2B RFPs, proposals, tenders and pitch presentations, ideally from a bid team or successful sales/client management background.
- You have outstanding business writing skills, with the ability to develop win strategies and write compelling sales/marketing collateral.
- You have strong project management experience, ideally with experience managing large, complex bids of £500K+ value.
- You have a strategic and commercial mindset, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You can collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels (including C-suite) to drive creation of proposals and pitches.
- You have strong PowerPoint skills with proficiency in Word, Excel and Teams.
- Degree or equivalent experience in business, communications or related discipline.
- Exposure to a global organisation and career advancement
- Engaging and vibrant organisational culture
- Opportunity for growth and continuous improvement through challenging and meaningful work
- High growth industry and strong partner/shareholder backing
- Genuine focus on students and quality education
- OES strategy reflects respect, honesty & diversity
- OES values driven recruitment principles
- OES Culture Club events
- Study allowances where appropriate