OES is made up of extraordinary people. Passionate, self-starters who get excited when they’re challenged to solve problems. Our vision is to be the world’s most impactful enabler of online education. We create, develop and enable immersive learning experiences in partnership with universities all around the world to help students learn at their very best.
We are a global business with over 1,300 employees. We carefully select the right mix of passionate people who want to make an impact, deliver best practice and lead change in the education industry. From your very first day we empower you to succeed.
When you work at OES, you’re empowered to impact.
The Data Engineer is responsible for supporting the evolution of the technology solution and processes that support the entire development and delivery of Online Education Services (OES) data related products and services.
This role will support the Engineering and Development Lead in providing thought leadership, options and solutions formulation for the data engineering and warehousing technology space.
You should have 3+ years’ experience in the skills below.
Technical skills & experience:
To apply you must have experience in:
- Python programming
- SQL and working with multiple data bases
- Relevant professional experience as a Data Engineer within data and analytics domain, for data extraction, ingestion and integration
- Working knowledge of data platform concepts – data lake, data warehouse, ETL, ELT, big data processing (designing and supporting variety/velocity/volume), scheduling and monitoring of ETL/ELT jobs, building data pipelines from scratch
You should have knowledge in:
- AWS (or similar) cloud-based data platform. E.g. Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, S3, Airflow, Glue, EC2, Lambda
- Data ingestion, query optimisation, data segregation, real time processing architecture for data platforms
- Proficiency in understanding data, entity relationships, structured & unstructured data, SQL and NoSQL databases
It would be beneficial to have knowledge in:
- CI/CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Understanding of CRM and Student LMS systems
- Knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modelling, text mining and information retrieval.
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Work with us:
Our values underpin everything we do, Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
- In an agile environment with product managers, delivery leads and peers.
- Locally with modern hardware and directly on cloud services
- Using modern cloud technologies
- Flexible working environment – hybrid model working from home and office
- Low stress environment with good work/life balance
- Departmental training and development budget
- 100% stand-up desks
- 5 min walk from Richmond station
- Hack days
- Daily breakfast and fresh fruit
- Culture club with a calendar of events
- Study assistance with leave
- Onsite shower and change facilities
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Program – with onsite massage therapist
What’s In It For You?
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
- Career-life balance; where a hybrid, flexible approach to work is offered
- Powered by diversity; We value different perspectives and ideas
- Commitment to investing in your growth and development
- You’re empowered to impact
- People focused culture; Our culture is built around collaboration and teamwork
Are you ready to make an impact?
At OES, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, where we encourage candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply. If you feel aligned to the role and would like to further explore your suitability, we welcome your application and would love to consider your fit for the role at OES.
Apply now with your updated CV.
At OES we are looking forward to connecting in person again through our 40/60 blended working model (40% from our Cremorne offices, 60% from home). As per the current Government regulations, we require that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will request proof of vaccination if you are successful in landing a position with us.