Partner Manager – Education
The Partner Manager – Education has the overall responsibility for managing and growing one of OES’s Australian university partnerships to ensure the highest quality provision of online education with high student and partner satisfaction whilst achieving commercial outcomes and stimulating future growth to the partnership.
– Partnership Management
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders at the University partner, including senior management, to foster a strong, sustainable partnership
- Drive the pipeline of agreed courses, and negotiate new growth opportunities
- Be a point of escalation for any partner-related issues
- Manage the commercial performance of the partnership
- End-to-end oversight of the partnership – including commercial performance, student experience, academic performance, and health of the partnership
- Conduct strategic reviews of the partnership including performance metrics and provide regular management level reports to the partner university and to the OES Partnership Steering Committee
- Ensure the design and delivery of programs that are based on industry best practice, meet all internal and external accreditation and regulatory requirements, and exceed partner expectations:
- Drive innovation and differentiation for the partner university
- Oversee academic functions and processes that lead to a high quality, student-centred experience
- Champion student learning and retention strategies to drive strong student success metrics (student outcomes, student satisfaction and student engagement, progression and completions)
- Oversee the development and ongoing review of the programs, liaising with partners on the accreditation process where appropriate.
- Build, lead and develop an academic team that thrives in a high-performance and values-based, student-centric culture
– Commercial and Strategic Management
– Academic Leadership
– People Management and Leadership
1. Experience in an account management role or equivalent within the higher education sector, with proven experience in:
- Building excellent relationships with senior external stakeholders
- Proactively driving growth in the account/partnership
- Track record of proactively driving innovation
2. Experience in a senior academic management role, with extensive expertise in online learning
3. Postgraduate qualification (or experience) commensurate with a senior academic position
4. Personal characteristics:
- Has the ‘presence’ (experience and/or personal attributes) to be respected by, and effective in dealing with, senior external stakeholders
- Autonomous, strategic thinker, results orientated and innovative.
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
- Career-life balance; where a hybrid, flexible approach to work is offered
- Powered by diversity; We value different perspectives and ideas
- Commitment to investing in your growth and development
- You’re encouraged to be innovative & creative
- People focused culture; Our culture is built around collaboration and teamwork
Are you ready to make an impact?
At OES, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, where we encourage candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply. If you feel aligned to the role and would like to further explore your suitability, we welcome your application and would love to consider your fit for the role at OES.
Apply now with your updated CV – applications closing Friday 23rd June 2023
At OES we enjoy a blended working model (2-3 days in our state of the art Cremorne office, and the rest from home). As per the current Government regulations, we require that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption, and we will request proof of vaccination/medical exemption if you are successful in landing a position with us.