Student Community Coordinator
About Online Education Services (OES)
OES is made up of extraordinary people. Passionate, self-starters who get excited when they’re challenged to solve problems. Our vision is to be the world’s most impactful enabler of online education. We create, develop and enable immersive learning experiences in partnership with universities all around the world to help students learn at their very best. In short, we create positive change in people’s lives every day. Not a bad day’s work.
We are a global business with over 1,300 employees. We carefully select the right mix of passionate people who want to make an impact, deliver best practice and lead change in the education industry. From your very first day we empower you to succeed.
When you work at OES, you’re empowered to impact.
If you want to join a vibrant, people focused culture that’s values led then keep reading.
The primary purpose of Student Community Coordinator role is to manage the social platforms that engage students in online communities. Developing and implementing strategies to drive engagement is a key element to this role.
- Product owner/manager responsibilities of the platform, including maintaining a product roadmap, optimising the student journey in and out of the platform, enhancing the UI/UX of the platform and ensuring it performs optimally throughout the student journey. This also includes leading the relationship with the platform’s vendor, leveraging this relationship to produce positive outcomes.
- Manage the administration related to the platform.
- Maintain a content calendar for multiple partners with messages and content that support students through the teaching period, ensuring content is integrated with other university communications. Must ensure that digital assets and copy adhere to partners’ style guides.
- Moderate conversations in the platform, ensuring users are responded to in a timely manner and user conduct remains in accordance with university policies.
- Design, execute and evaluate campaigns (e.g. O-Week) in the platform to drive engagement and support other business activities.
- Ensure the platform is promoted to students through multiple channels, and produce communications as required to encourage use of the platforms.
- Make updates to pages in the Student Hub (internal student administration website) relating to the platform, and related initiatives/projects.
- Run student leadership programs as an engagement strategy, including maintaining program resources (e.g. collateral, training documents), delivery and evaluation.
- Work with the Academic team to partner on initiatives that drive engagement in the platforms and run pilots as appropriate.
- Maintain and build relationships with university stakeholders to deploy student experience/community projects as well as careers and employability initiatives.
- Significantly contribute to the orientation journey and experience of new students, including managing projects outside of the platform. Initiatives could include contributing to communication journeys, Academic welcome sessions/videos, or creating digital products that assist in onboarding.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, public relations or similar
- Community management and social media skills, with a strong interest in tracking social media trends that could be used in the platform
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to produce copy for different channels
- Experience running social media campaigns
- Measurement and evaluation skills
- Basic digital design and content creation skills (e.g. Canva and Photoshop)
- Prior experience making content changes in a CMS
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to respond delicately and sensitively to a range of customer needs.
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
- Career-life balance; where a hybrid, flexible approach to work is offered
- Powered by diversity; We value different perspectives and ideas
- Commitment to investing in your growth and development
- You’re encouraged to be innovative & creative
- People focused culture; Our culture is built around collaboration and teamwork
Are you ready to make an impact?
At OES, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, where we encourage candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply. If you feel aligned to the role and would like to further explore your suitability, we welcome your application and would love to consider your fit for the role at OES.
Apply now with your updated CV.